Mean Man


So I finally decided to start experimenting with digital painting with my wacom tablet. This is my first attempt at "painting" digitally. I wouldn't liken it to painting because there's no physically tactile quality to the way in which you apply your strokes or the final image itself. Plus you're holding something with a point while you do brush-like strokes... not very intuitive in that respect. I'm more of a traditionalist and I don't know how much satisfaction I can really get through digital painting. Maybe one day when you can actually pick up a paint brush and paint on a screen I'll dig the process more. In any case, its definitely a handy thing to know in the world of animation.

2 comments:

  1. Once you're doing things digitally that would take you twice the time traditionally, you'll start to enjoy it. Trust me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just downloaded my copy of photoshop CS5 and the new brush feature makes mixing colours WAY more intuitive. I bet within the next two Cintiq models you will be able to pick up a physical brush and the screen will be able to detect the individual bristles.

    ReplyDelete