The Immovable Bowling Pin



160 drawings later... I'm done my final animation assignment from first year, involving a flour sack that must interact with some sort of object/prop. Many people decided to animate their object/prop but I thought it would be best to focus my animation on the acting of the sack itself. It felt good to tackle a more sustained animation and get it done efficiently without obsessing too much about perfection (which is the natural thing for me). Quality vs. completion is a tightrope that every animator will have to walk at some point. I can't say I've really struggled with this yet, but its best to start being realistic about the time you have to work on something at an early stage. I guess the trick to doing good animation is to set your standard so insanely high that when you have to undercut it for the sake of getting it done it still looks good.

No comments:

Post a Comment